Looking for a place to celebrate Christmas that offers the complete experience from decorated houses to melodic chimes? Then why not head to McAdenville in North Carolina? McAdenville is about 30 minutes drive from Charlotte in Gaston County and is a delight for every lover of Christmas, big and small.
If you’re visiting outside of the Christmas season, then you’ll find a town with lots of historic attractions, unique shops and restaurants, and outdoor activities. Of course, the people are warm and welcoming with lots of small-town charm!
If you’re visiting McAdenville, then you need to know where to stay. That’s why we’ve created this list where you can find the best neighborhood to stay in McAdenville close to everything.
Quick Tips – Where to Stay in McAdenville?
- Where to stay in McAdenville first time – Gastonia
- Where to stay in McAdenville on a budget – The Charlotte Airport area
- Best neighborhood in McAdenville for families – Belmont
Where to Stay in McAdenville
Ready to book and go? Here’s where you should stay.
Adorable, Private Belmont Bungalow
- Patio or balcony
- Cozy 1950 mill village-turned farmhouse prvt basement suite w/own entrance.
- Nestled in beautiful, booming Belmont w/EZaccess to All major interstates, Airport, Belmont Abbey
Located in the best neighborhood in McAdenville for couples who want to be close to everything, this charming 1950s home is close to the interstate and to all the attractions of Belmont. It has a private entrance, one bedroom, a kitchenette, and a large den. All the spaces have been renovated to modern standards while retaining their original charm. The home is also located in an older neighborhood that’s in the middle of modernizing, so it’s an interesting place to be!
Off Main Millhouse
- Free parking on premises
- Nestled in the heart of Historic Downtown Belmont (just a few steps from Main Street & Stowe Park
- Located on a quiet side street, this gem offers all the comforts of home
Located just a few steps from the main streets in Belmont, this 1940s millhouse has been newly renovated and has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, suitable for up to seven guests. It’s on a quiet street and has an amazing front porch where you can relax with a drink, a roomy kitchen with stainless steel appliances, and amazing beds with plush mattresses.
The Esquire Hotel
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Live sport events (broadcast)
Located in Gastonia, this hotel is a good choice when you’re deciding where to stay in McAdenville for nightlife as it’s surrounded by restaurants and bars. It also has its own bar and restaurant and serves breakfast every morning. Free parking is available at the hotel in case you decide to hire a car, and the hotel’s rooms are comfortable and include private bathrooms and desks.
McAdenville Neighborhood Guide
The first thing you need to know about McAdenville is that you actually can’t stay in the town itself. This is a small town with absolutely no hotels, so you’ll need to stay outside of the town limits. However, because the town is so small, you’ll still be within walking distance of the town’s best attractions in the following areas.
If you’re trying to decide where to stay in McAdenville close to everything then you can’t go past Gastonia. This is the closest area to the Christmas village that offers accommodation, and it has its own great shops and restaurants too!
Then you have the area around the Charlotte Airport. This is a little further away from McAdenville but still close enough to be convenient and it has the added bonus of being convenient for when you need to leave! There’s a range of cheaper accommodation in this area but not as many attractions.
The final area in this guide is Belmont, the best choice when you’re deciding where to stay in McAdenville for families. It’s close to McAdenville and offers the perfect combination of restaurants, shops, and outdoor experiences, perfect for travelers with young kids who need to be entertained.
McAdenville’s 3 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in
Here’s what the best areas in McAdenville have to offer travelers.
Where to stay in McAdenville first time
- COOLEST thing to do in Gastonia – Head into McAdenville to experience the Christmas fun!
- BEST place to visit in Gastonia – The Schiele Museum of Natural History & Planetarium for regional wildlife, nature trails, and looking at the night sky
Gastonia is close to everything, making it the best neighborhood in McAdenville for your first time. It’s just 10 minutes in the car from the center of the Christmas town, so if you stay on the outskirts of the city close to McAdenville, you’ll be so close it will be like staying in the town itself!
Gastonia offers good nightlife, some attractions for all ages, and easy access to outdoor experiences as well. This is what makes it the best, all-around place to stay in the area.
- Hike the South Fork Trail and Blueway Access
- Take the kids to enjoy the playground and picnic area at Lineberger Park
- Have a drink at the Rock House Tavern Sports Bar or Iconz Bar & Grill
- See how high you can bounce at the Altitude Trampoline Park
- Enjoy nature at South Fork River Park
- Get your adrenalin pumping with hiking, climbing, or bouldering at Crowders Mountain
- Fill your belly at JIA Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar or Kyle Fletcher’s BBQ & Catering
Best Airbnb in Gastonia
With two bedrooms, this homey apartment is right in the heart of Gastonia, the best neighborhood in McAdenville close to everything. It’s within walking distance from numerous shops and restaurants, and it offers light-filled spaces with a full kitchen and laundry facilities.
Best High-End Airbnb in Gastonia
This three-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment is close to Gastonia and about 15 minutes in the car from the local casino. It’s close to local shops and restaurants and has a full kitchen, laundry facilities, and free parking. It’s also located in a building that offers a swimming pool and gym that you can use during your stay.
Best Budget hotel in Gastonia
Located close to local bars, cocktail lounges, and restaurants, this hotel is in the best neighborhood in McAdenville for nightlife. It’s also conveniently close to the whitewater center and attractions like Lowe’s Motor Speedway. It offers free hot breakfasts during your stay, a seasonal outdoor pool, and a fitness center, all for a reasonable price.
Best Luxury Hotel in Gastonia
With a restaurant, shared lounge, pool, gym, and a business center, this hotel in Gastonia has everything you’ll need for a comfortable, convenient stay. The rooms are large and modern with a private bathroom and air conditioning, and the hotel serves a good buffet or American breakfast every morning. It’s also close to local shops and restaurants, so you’ll never lack things to do during your stay!
Where to stay in McAdenville on a budget
- COOLEST thing to do in The Charlotte Airport area – Take the kids for a day of fun, animals, and science at the Discovery Place Science
- BEST place to visit in the Charlotte Airport area – The city of Charlotte for a huge range of attractions and restaurants!
The area around the Charlotte Airport is convenient if you’re on a short trip and don’t want to miss your departing plane, and it’s on the main road leading to McAdenville. In fact, it’s just 10 minutes in the car from the Christmas town, and it also offers you access to the city of Charlotte for eating, shopping, and attractions!
You’ll find a range of accommodation in this area at a range of price points. This is what makes it the best choice when you’re deciding where to stay in McAdenville on a budget. There are also some interesting nature activities and experiences, so make sure you get out and explore!
- Burn some energy on the hiking trails and in the playground at the Robert L. Smith District Park
- Play a few rounds at the Carolina Golf Club or the Dr. Charles L. Sifford Golf Course
- Try some local delights at Ken Cooks Catering or Wok Bo
- Go fishing or watch the sunset at the Iswa Nature Preserve
- Check out the exhibits at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Enroll the kids in an art class or let them enjoy the library and theater at ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center
- Learn more about the area’s history at the Historic Latta Plantation
Best Airbnb in The Charlotte Airport area
Located in the best neighborhood in McAdenville if you are on a budget, this home has three bedrooms and two bathrooms and sleeps up to seven guests. It’s a short drive from the airport and from McAdenville as well as local shops and is located at the end of a long driveway, so it’s very private. It also has a private backyard where you can enjoy the outdoors during your stay.
Best High End Airbnb in The Charlotte Airport area
Beautifully renovated and decorated, this home sleeps up to eight guests. It’s in a quiet neighborhood that’s also close to local shops and has laundry facilities, an alarm system, free Wi-Fi, and a great private backyard where you can sit out and have a meal. The kitchen is brand new and fully equipped so you can cook great meals during your stay, and there’s free parking for up to three cars on the property.
Best Budget hotel in The Charlotte Airport area
Located in the best neighborhood in McAdenville if you are on a budget, this hotel is reasonably priced and modern. It’s close to local attractions, entertainment options, and restaurants and offers a seasonal outdoor pool and a complimentary breakfast every morning.
Best Luxury Hotel in The Charlotte Airport area
With comfortable rooms, this hotel offers a few extras for travelers who prefer to spend a little more money on their accommodation. It has a sauna, gym, hot tub, and indoor pool as well as an airport shuttle so that you can be sure you’ll make your flight. The rooms all have their own separate living area and work desk, and if you don’t feel like going out at night, there’s a restaurant at the hotel where you can have your evening meal.
Best neighborhood in McAdenville for families
- COOLEST thing to do in Belmont – Test your nerves at the Whitewater Center
- BEST place to visit in Belmont – The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
Belmont is a small city located under three miles from McAdenville and home to around 10,000 people. It offers some of the closest accommodation choices near the small Christmas town which makes it the best choice when you’re deciding where to stay in McAdenville for your first time.
Belmont has its own collection of unique little shops, restaurants, and bars that you can explore as well as easy access to the outdoor spaces. This makes it a good choice for every kind of traveler!
- Go biking or hiking in Rocky Branch Park
- Learn about the region’s past at the Millican Pictorial History Museum
- Go kayaking, picnicking, or hiking at the Town of Cramerton Goat Island Park and Greenway
- Have a meal at Heirloom or Another Food Truck
- Explore the shops, restaurants, and green spaces around Belmont Abbey
- Have a drink with the locals at Glenway Premium Pub or Sammy’s neighborhood pub
- Take a tour and try some samples at the Muddy River Distillery
Best Airbnb in Belmont
Just a five-minute walk from Belmont’s center, this three-bedroom bungalow dates back to the 1930s and still retains a lot of its period charm along with modern upgrades. The kitchen is new and fully stocked, and there’s an outdoor grill that you can use during warm weather. The bungalow also has its own security cameras, a bathtub, laundry facilities, and driveway parking.
Best High End Airbnb in Belmont
With enough room for up to six guests, this home is a great choice when you’re deciding where to stay in McAdenville for families. With two bedrooms and one bathroom, it has large common spaces that are perfect for socializing and a great back deck overlooking a green space. It also offers a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, bathtub, and free parking.
Best Budget hotel in Belmont
Located in Belmont, this two-star hotel is a great choice when you’re deciding where to stay in McAdenville on a budget. It has daily hot breakfasts, an outdoor pool, free on-site parking, and a fitness center. The rooms boast warm decor, a microwave, and a fridge so you can keep snacks just in case you need them.
Best Luxury Hotel in Belmont
Located in Belmont, the best neighborhood in McAdeville for families, this hotel is close to local attractions like the white water center and to shops and restaurants. It offers a hot breakfast, fitness center, and a pool as well as comfortable rooms with tea and coffee making facilities and modern amenities.
Final Thoughts on the Best Places to Stay in McAdenville
Even though you can’t stay in the town center, you’ll still have lots of choices during your trip to McAdenville. Whether you’re trying to decide where to stay in McAdenville for families, a group of friends, or on your own, there are some popular spots around this Christmas town with their own attractions. So, don’t be afraid to stay close by and explore more of this fascinating part of the US!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)