Love to ski and watch a fast, easy destination for a ski vacation where you can land in the morning and be on the slopes by lunchtime? If you answered yes, then you’ll love Park City in Utah. Located close to the Salt Lake City airport, Park City has some of the best skiing and winter sports in the world.
But there’s more to this city than the snow. It was founded in 1884 after the silver boom and still retains much of this charming western flavor. It also has amazing hiking, mountain biking, and a huge range of outdoor activities close by. So, if you’re looking for an active holiday with great food, resorts, and lots to do, this is an ideal destination.
This isn’t a huge city, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble deciding where to stay in Park City for your first time, or on a return trip. But the different areas in the city all offer their own attractions and if you want to choose the one that suits you best, try checking out this Park City neighborhood guide.
Quick Tips – Where to Stay in Park City?
- Where to stay in Park City first time – Main Street
- Where to stay in Park City on a budget – Kimball Junction
- Best neighborhood in Park City for families – Mountain Village
- Best area to stay in Park City for nightlife – Canyons Village
- The Coolest place to stay in Park City – Deer Valley
Where to Stay in Park City
Looking for a specific place to stay? These are our highest recommendations for places to stay in Park City.
Treasure Mountain Inn
- Private parking
With an epic location in Mountain Valley close to both incredible outdoor activities and bustling shops, restaurants and bars, guests staying at Treasure Mountain Inn have the best of both worlds. It is also super reasonably priced too, great for those budget-conscious travelers.
Sheraton Park City
- Bar, Indoor swimming pool
- DEN Restaurant
- Tea/coffee maker in all rooms
Fantastic facilities and a pretty awesome location are two things you can expect to find at Sheraton Park City. The hotel offers a sauna, gym and swimming pool and is located near the sought after Main Street.
St. Regis Deer Valley
- Fitness centre
- Spa and wellness centre
- Bar, Outdoor swimming pool
A magnificent 5* hotel located in the Deer Valley Resort, St Regis Deer Valley hotel offers guests ski-in and ski-out facilities. The amenities on-site at the hotel are also never ending, with it being home to 5 restaurants, outdoor pools, and a sleek bar.
Park City Neighborhood Guide
Surrounded by a stunning natural landscape, Park City is designed for travelers who enjoy being active outdoors with a little bit of thrill-seeking thrown in. Whether you’re trying to find the best neighborhood in Park City close to everything or have a specific set of activities in mind, here’s where you should be looking for your accommodation.
The first area to consider is Main Street. With its charming western feel, it offers a good range of hotels and restaurants as well as easy access to the ski slopes. Basically, this area has a bit of everything.
But if you’re trying to decide where to stay in Park City on a budget, try Kimball Junction. Located just off the highway in the city, it’s for anyone who wants to ski or enjoy the outdoors but doesn’t want to stay in a resort.
The third area to consider is Mountain Village. This is a good all-rounder area and is the best neighborhood in Park City for families because it offers easy access to the ski slopes as well as to the charms of Main Street.
If you want to be close to the best restaurants and bars, then check out the Canyon Village area. This neighborhood isn’t cheap, but the food and drink scene is amazing as is the skiing.
And then we have the final area, Deer. Offering astonishing skiing, food, outdoor access and resorts that have to be seen to be believed, this is the best neighborhood in Park City for couples as well as anyone else who doesn’t mind spending a little extra cash while on vacation.
Park City’s 5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in
Have you chosen where you’re staying in Park Village? If you’re still making up your mind, here’s some extra information on the attractions in each neighborhood to tempt you.
Where to stay in Park City first time
- COOLEST thing to do in Main Street – Take one of the Historic Main Street Walking Tours to really get to know the history of the city
- BEST place to visit in Main Street – Check out the No Name Saloon for all the western charm you can handle
Main Street is a good choice when you’re deciding where to stay in Park City close to everything, so it’s great for first-timers to the city. It probably isn’t a good choice if all you want to do is ski, as it isn’t as convenient to the ski slopes as other areas, but it does offer ski access via lifts at the end of town which will get you to the mountains.
Apart from the ski access, Main Street also offers great bars, restaurants, and shops. And if you love the western feel of some older cities in the US, then you’ll absolutely love the Downtown area.
- Take the Town Lift to the ski slopes
- Try the delicious food at local spots like Yuki Yama Sushi, Chimayo, or The Eating Establishment
- See what’s on at the Egyptian Theater
- Wander through the Park City Main Street Historic District
- Grab your mates for a night on the town at the High West Saloon, The Spur Bar & Grill, or The Cabin for live music on the patio
- Look for fresh produce or souvenirs at the Park Silly Sunday Market
Best Budget Hotel in Main Street
Want all the comforts of home during your stay? The rooms in this resort contain their own kitchen, fireplace, DVD player, and private bathrooms for complete autonomy and privacy. But you’ll also enjoy all the comforts of a hotel during your stay, with a BBQ area, fitness center, and laundry facilities at your disposal.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Main Street
Sheraton Park City has perfectly combined a traditional design mixed with modern facilities! The hotel has a lodge-style feel to it with all the amenities you would need for a comfortable stay in Park City including deluxe beds, an indoor swimming pool along with a sauna!
Best Luxury Hotel in Main Street
Located right in the center of town and close to Main Street, this hotel is beautiful and offers everything you could need during your stay. It has indoor and outdoor pools available, a hot tub and sauna, covered parking, and a fitness center that you can use. The hotel also offers ski equipment hire so you can travel light and still enjoy the slopes with first-class gear.
Need more info? Here’s a rundown of things to do in Park City, Utah to fill your time there!
Where to stay in Park City on a budget
- COOLEST thing to do in Kimball Junction – Enjoy a craft beer at Red Rock Brewing
- BEST place to visit in Kimball Junction – The Utah Olympic Park, leftover from the 2002 Olympics
Park City has a lot of resorts and they can get expensive. If that concerns you, then check out Kimball Junction, the best neighborhood in Park City if you are on a budget. It’s the first neighborhood in the city once you come off the highway and offers a range of budget accommodation from hotels to apartments.
You can still easily go skiing in Kimball Junction, it’s just a short ride from the slopes. And you won’t miss out on some great eats while you’re there either, as there are some great local restaurants that offer local prices.
- Have a meal or a snack at Vessel Kitchen, Hearth & Hill, or the Loco Lizard Cantina
- Grab some bargain souvenirs at the Outlets Park City
- Head out for a night on the town at ‘Bout Time Pub & Grub or The Spur Bar & Grill
- Head up to the Spring Creek Trail Head for some great hiking trails
- Explore the wetland ecosystem at Swaner Nature Preserve
- Go horse riding at Almosta Ranch Park City
Best Budget Hotel in Kimball Junction
If you’re trying to decide where to stay in Park City on a budget, then take a look at this convenient choice. Just 10 minutes drive from the city’s most popular ski slopes, it offers a full breakfast, a pool, a hot tub, and a 24-hour hot drink bar as well as gorgeous common areas where you can sit and get to know other travelers.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Kimball Junction
The Holiday Inn Express Park City boasts fantastic facilities including air-conditioned rooms, an indoor heated pool and hot tub. Along with this, all guests staying at the hotel get a free buffet breakfast every morning, which is the perfect way to get energised for a day of exploring Park City’s incredible selection of outdoor activities.
Best Luxury Hotel in Kimball Junction
If you like a bit of luxury, then this hotel is a great choice. Located in the heart of Kimball Junction, the prices are a little better than you’ll find closer to the ski slopes. The hotel has a hot tub, swimming pool, and ski gear that you can hire as well as a business center and hot tub that you can use. The rooms come in a variety of sizes, so would suit any travel group.
Best neighborhood in Park City for families
- COOLEST thing to do in Mountain Village – Head out for some hiking at the Silver Spur Trail
- BEST place to visit in Mountain Village – Ski a few of the many trails on Park City Mountain
If you’re trying to decide where to stay in Park City for families, then take a look at Mountain Village. Mountain Village offers the best of both worlds. It’s a short 15-minute walk from Main Street and all its shops and flavors and close to the slopes at the same time. That makes it ideal if you’re traveling with young children who don’t want to travel much.
Mountain Village offers great restaurants where you can try a variety of food choices and even some budget accommodation options. Basically, this is a good all-round area in winter and in summer.
- Go hiking on the Armstrong Trail or Dawn’s Trail
- Grab a drink at the Corner Store Pub & Grill or Collie’s Sports Bar & Grill
- Have a meal at Handle, Chimayo, or the Silver Star Café
- Try the summertime luge slides at the Park City Alpine Slide
- Play a few rounds at the Park City Golf Course
Best Budget Hotel in Mountain Village
Located in the best neighborhood in Park City close to everything, this hotel has a restaurant, fitness center, garden, and bar that you can enjoy. It’s close to Main Street and all its attractions and close to the ski slopes too. Basically, this hotel offers everything and at a reasonable price too!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Mountain Village
An apart-hotel located just outside of Mountain Village, Silver King provides guests which chalet-style apartments with a cozy and warming design. The hotel also has a great location, with it being just a short walk away from Park City Mountain Resort and being surrounded by cafes, restaurants, and bars.
Best Luxury Hotel in Mountain Village
Why not add a bit of history to your stay? This historic schoolhouse has been painstakingly renovated to modern standards while still retaining the charm and feel of its previous occupants. Surrounded on all sides by the beautiful, stark landscape, the hotel offers a mountainside hot tub and is just minutes from the local ski lift. The rooms are spacious and some of them include a second level for just a little more charm!
Best area to stay in Park City for nightlife
- COOLEST thing to do in Canyons Village – Take the heated and fully enclosed Orange Bubble Express lift up to the slopes
- BEST place to visit in Canyons Village – Red Pine Adventures for horse riding, snowshoeing, or snowmobile riding
Canyons Village is for anyone who wants to spend all their time on the slopes in Park City. If you want fast and easy ski access, some great bars and restaurants, and beautiful resorts, you won’t need to leave this charming little village for a moment. That’s what makes Canyon’s Village the coolest place to stay in Park City it’s also the best choice when you’re deciding where to stay in Park City for nightlife.
Canyon’s Village is easily accessible from the airport at Salt Lake City and you can get around the village easily by Uber or public bus. But you probably won’t have to go far, because this village offers everything you could want in a small, compact area.
- Take an Uber or your hotel’s shuttle into Main Street to check it out
- Have a meal at Red Tail Grill, the Edge Steakhouse, or Bistro Kosher Deli
- Drop the kids off for a fun day at Little Adventures Children’s and head out to enjoy the slopes
- Have a drink at Versante Hearth & Bar or Drafts Burger Bar
- Take the kids for some sports, snow fun, or to try the obstacle course at the Matt Knoop Memorial Park
- Grab some local produce at the Copper Moose Farm Stand
- Go hiking on Rob’s Trail or the UOP Trail
Best Budget Hotel in Canyons Village
Located in the best neighborhood in Park City for couples, this hotel offers comfort and convenience at a reasonable price. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms all have beautiful mountain views as well as seating areas and private bathrooms. And while you stay there, you can enjoy the on-site restaurant, swimming pool, and hot tub.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Canyons Village
Located close to the slopes of Canyons Village and the gondola, this hotel offers a hot tub and outdoor pool as well as air-conditioned rooms with all the usual amenities. It’s close to local eating places like the Farm and has an airport shuttle, family rooms, and beautiful natural surroundings.
Best Luxury Hotel in Canyons Village
This 5-star hotel is a magical place to stay in Canyons Village and is a great place to base yourself for the incredible array of outdoor activities the region offers. A grand hotel with plenty of room options and an abundance of amazing on-site facilities including an outdoor pool, sleek bar, and hot tub area, you certainly won’t be bored at the Waldorf Astoria Park City.
The Coolest place to stay in Park City
- COOLEST thing to do in Deer Valley – Go Skiing on Bald Mountain
- BEST place to visit in Deer Valley – The Deer Valley Resort for their famous seafood buffet
You’ll need to be willing to spend a little extra money if you want to stay in Deer Valley. This isn’t the area for budget travelers and you won’t find much budget accommodation in this area. However, if you have a bit of extra cash to spend, Deer Valley offers beautiful resorts with ski-in and ski-out options as well as high-end restaurants where you’ll enjoy every bite of the food that you eat.
Deer Village is also a good choice if you want to go hiking, as there are some amazing trails in the area, and it’s close enough to the center of Park City that you can get there in a couple of minutes in an Uber.
- Go hiking on the Solamere Loop Trail or the Woodchip Trail
- Have a bite at Seafood Dining or Grub Steak
- Try out the ski trails on Bald Eagle Mountain
- Head into Main Street for some nightlife and a huge variety of restaurants
- Ski all day and then relax in the bar and restaurant of Deer Valley Resort
Best Budget Hotel in Deer Valley
With rustic but elegant rooms, this hotel fits perfectly with the starkly beautiful landscape around it. It has a scenic deck where you can enjoy a meal or the staff can make you up a gourmet picnic basket so you can choose your own setting for a meal. There’s a free shuttle service into Main Street from the hotel as well as free breakfast, hot tub, fitness center, and pool.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Deer Valley
This hotel is the perfect place to stay for ski lovers. With a spacious ski storage area, Ski N’ See Retail and a ski pass vendor all being available on-site at the hotel. The hotel also has fantastic facilities to unwind after a day on the slopes, including an Italian-inspired restaurant, boutique cocktail lounge, and a heated pool.
Best Luxury Hotel in Deer Valley
For a little luxury in Deer Valley, make this hotel your base. Located in a private community, it offers ski-in and ski-out access to the slopes as well as large rooms. The bathrooms have glass showers and flat-screen TVs in them, and there are five restaurants at or close by to the hotel so you definitely won’t go hungry while you’re there!
Final Thoughts on the Best Places to Stay in Park City
To put it bluntly, Park City is just an unashamedly cool place to spend a short or long vacation. If you’re adventurous and love the outdoors, want a little bit of luxury, or just need a convenient weekend away from the city, then start planning your next vacation to this city. With this guide, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding the best neighborhood in Park City for your first time, or on any repeat trips either!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)
- Are These the Best Jobs in the World? Jobs That Allow You to Travel - August 29, 2023
- The Best Ways to Explore Vietnam - August 11, 2023
- 5 Weird and Wonderful Destination Perfect for Students - August 10, 2023