The Ozarks is an area of natural beauty in Missouri known for its vast forests. Branson is the most popular tourist city in the region. This city has rapidly expanded over the years to cater to visitors, to the point it is now known as a more family-friendly version of Vegas! Beyond all the glitz and glam, there are also some great natural attractions waiting to be discovered.
Whilst Branson is a small city in terms of population, it is spread along three lakes – making it quite tricky to navigate. We do recommend taking a car to truly get the most from your experience, but if you’re only staying for a week or less it is best to consider staying in an area that best caters to what you want.
That’s why we’ve built this guide! We’ve figured out the three best areas in Branson and categorised them based on who they are best for. Whether you’re a family, budget traveller or simply looking for a great overview of the city we have you covered.
So let’s get started!
Quick Tips: Where to Stay in Branson?
- Overall Best Place to Stay in Branson – Table Rock
- Best Place to Stay in Branson For Families – Branson Theatre District
- Where to Stay in Branson on a Budget – Downtown Branson
Where to Stay in Branson
Not fussed on which neighborhood you end up staying in? These are our top four accommodation picks across the entire city.
The Branson Hillside Hotel
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Tea/coffee maker in all rooms
Beautifully situated in Branton, this small yet exceptional hotel has some of the best facilities at budget-friendly prices. This includes three inviting patios along with a cozy lounge equipped with a fireplace.
Clarion Hotel Branson
- Fitness center
- The Branson Titanic Museum is within 1.6 km from Clarion Hotel
This hotel offers an array of exceptional facilities and a brilliant location. This includes its beautiful spa and wellness area, which has a modern and well-equipped gym, a bubbling hot tub, and a warming sauna.
Chateau on the Lake Resort
- 2 swimming pools
- Facilities for disabled guests
This magnificent four-star hotel rests directly on the serene lakefront and is a real-life fairy tale. Immerse yourself in fantastic facilities, including the hotel’s luscious garden area which boasts breathtaking views of the lake.
Branson 3 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in
Unsure of which area is best for you? We have three neighborhoods to show you, each with their own unique attractions. We’ve also included the best things to do, places to stay and accommodation picks in each area.
Overall Best Place to Stay in Branson
- COOLEST thing to do in Table Rock – take a boat trip across Table Rock Lake with the Branson Belle
- BEST place to visit in Table Rock – relax at Moonshine Beach and admire the gorgeous views of the lake
Table Rock is in the far south of Branson, and is often left off people’s itinerary in the city. Nevertheless, we think it’s a great overall destination as it has good transport links to the main tourist strip, but is also surrounded by fantastic nature attractions. This gives it a best of both worlds charm, and is the perfect way to acclimatise to Branson.
Named after Table Rock Lake, most of the activities are based along the shore! The neighborhood has a much more laid-back atmosphere than the main strip, making it a great choice for couples heading to the area. There are also a few tour companies with trips into the Ozarks.
- Take a trip to the Peninsula Lookout where you can enjoy the best views of the lake and surrounding neighborhood
- Fly’s and Guides offer some great excursions – particularly for those interested in fishing on the lake
- Welk Resort Theatre is attached to the hotel, but it is open to everyone and is the largest performance space in Table Rock
- Branson Mountain Adventure Park is located between Table Rock and the Theatre District, with a roller coaster that runs around the trees and mountain
- Chateau Grille, located right on the waterfront, has a mouthwatering selection of typical American cuisine
Best Budget Hotel in Table Rock
This hotel comes with an indoor water play area – complete with both indoor and outdoor pools and water slides! It also has an excellent restaurant where you can sample some of the best southern cuisine in the city. Rooms have small kitchen areas with granite worktops, so you can also self-cater in style if you want to save some cash.
Need more info? Here’s a rundown of things to do in Branson to fill your time there!
Best Mid-range Hotel in Table Rock
The famous hotel chain of Wyndham has really pulled out all the stops with its beautiful retreat-style hotel in Table Rock. On-site at the hotel you will find a glistening outdoor pool along with stunning grounds that are extremely well-kept and are scattered with ponds and waterfalls.
Best Luxury Hotel in Table Rock
As the name suggests, this stunning four star hotel is located right on the lakefront! Alongside stunning views, it has its own private garden area where you can soak up the beautiful nature of Missouri. There is a large spa on-site, offering a wide range of holistic therapies to help you unwind during your trip.
Have some time? Get out of the city with these epic day trips from Branson!
Best Place to Stay in Branson For Families
- COOLEST thing to do in Branson Theatre District – trips to Silver Dollar City and the Butterfly Palace depart from the Branson Theatre District
- BEST place to visit in Branson Theatre District – catch a performance at one of the many theatres along the main strip
As the name would suggest, Branson Theatre District is the cultural hub of the city – and where you will find most of the live performances! It is also where most of the theme parks and water parks are based, making it a great choice for families looking for an endless supply of entertainment for the kids.
Silver Dollar City is the most famous theme park in the region – and whilst it is just outside Branson, there are plenty of transport options departing from the Theatre District! This is also where you will find most of the hotels, and the best transport links to other destinations in Missouri and Arkansas.
- Check out the theme parks on the main strip – we recommend The Track Family Fun Park and Bigfoot
- There are also some fantastic water parks in the area for fun during the summer – White Water is a great one for younger children
- Head to the Titanic Museum where you can learn about the story of the infamous transatlantic vessel
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not is a museum dedicated to the weird and wonderful from across the world
- Head to Jackie B. Goode’s for a typical American diner experience
- Afterwards, head to Andy’s Frozen Custard for one of the most delicious desserts you will ever have
Best Budget Hotel in Branson Theatre District
Easily one of the best rated three star hotels in the area, Lodge of the Ozarks is located right on the main strip – perfect for taking in all of the most loved attractions! It is only a short walk away from the White Water Amusement Park, and there is a theatre attached. They also have an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Branson Theatre District
If you’re visiting Brandon to visit its famous theatres, then you will want to check out the Clarion Hotel Branson. The hotel is set in the heart of the Branson Theatre District and is within a short walk to several local theaters, including Andy Williams and Branson Variety. The hotel also has fantastic spa facilities on-site including a sleek gym, bubbling hot tub, and authentic sauna.
Best Luxury Hotel in Branson Theatre District
Another gorgeous four star hotel, this one is a little bit of a drive away from the main strip – but well worth it if you are bringing a car! They have some fantastic outdoor facilities, including barbecue areas where you can cook your dinner and mingle with other guests. It also has a large whirlpool jacuzzi, plus an indoor and an outdoor pool.
Where to Stay in Branson on a Budget
- COOLEST thing to do in Downtown Branson – Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline is the ultimate adrenaline activity!
- BEST place to visit in Downtown Branson – Branson Landing Fountain Show is a must-see when in the area
Downtown Branson is actually one of the least visited areas of the city – making it a great base for those sticking to a strict budget! As the heart of the city, you will get a more local experience – but it isn’t without its own take on the bright lights and adrenaline-pumping fun the city has become known for in recent years.
Located on the riverfront, it is surprisingly idyllic for a Downtown core! This is where a lot of the transport from elsewhere in the region terminates, so backpackers will certainly find Downtown Branson more convenient than the larger tourist hubs.
- Branson Scenic Railway is a must-do when in the city to take in the gorgeous Ozarks
- Head to Cadwell’s Flea Market to pick up some bargains in thrift clothing and antiques
- The Branson History Museum is a surprisingly interesting exhibit dedicated to the vibrant history of the city
- Grab a bit at Dimitris – a Greek restaurant with some of the best gyros in North America!
- Patricia’s Victorian House is a time capsule to the 1800s, and what the time period would have looked like in Missouri
Best Budget Hotel in Downtown Branson
This small yet mighty hotel is one of the best-reviewed in Downtown – with many guests returning again and again! Rooms are equipped with traditional furnishings, but also benefit from modern technology to optimise your comfort. There are three patios where you can mingle with other guests, and a fireplace in the lounge during the winter.
Best Mid-range Hotel in Downtown Branson
The Best Western Plus Landing View Inn & Suites has a fantastic location in Downtown Branson with it being surrounded by local cafes and restaurants along with being less than a 10-minute walk from Branson Landing and Lake Taneycomo. The hotel also has fantastic on-site features including a 24-hour indoor heated pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
Best Luxury Hotel in Downtown Branson
With Hilton a household name across the world, it’s no wonder that their four star hotel right on the Promenade is popular with visitors to Downtown Branson! The on-site restaurant offers international cuisine, with a complimentary American style breakfast every morning. Private parking is available, but we recommend arranging this before you arrive.
Final Thoughts on Where To Stay in Branson?
Branson is a sparkling city set along three lakes with theme parks, live shows and a fascinating history waiting to be discovered! It is also surrounded by gorgeous natural attractions, with the Ozarks considered one of the most beautiful forests in North America. There truly is a little something for everyone in Branson.
In terms of our favourite neighborhood, we have to go with Table Rock! It is well connected to the main tourist strip, but is distant enough to maintain a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Table Rock is by far the best choice for sampling everything the city has to offer.
That being said, Branson is quite a small city – and where is best for you will depend on your needs. If possible, take a car to truly experience the wide variety on offer across the region. We hope this guide has helped you narrow down your options.
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)
- Are These the Best Jobs in the World? Jobs That Allow You to Travel - August 29, 2023
- The Best Ways to Explore Vietnam - August 11, 2023
- 5 Weird and Wonderful Destination Perfect for Students - August 10, 2023