Jackson, known for its soulful music and mouthwatering cuisine, is a fascinating, bucket-list-worthy destination. With an eclectic mixture of attractions, the city offers endless bliss for visitors of all tastes and ages.
But deciding where to stay in Jackson, MS can be rather time-consuming and overwhelming, with numerous choices available.
Luckily for you, we’re going to make things easier on your end by featuring this no-stress guide to the most amazing neighborhoods in Jackson.
And guess what? Our Jackson travel guide is designed to satisfy your needs.
Whether you’re a solo backpacker or traveling with your family, you’ll find cozy accommodation suited to your tastes, preferences, and budget.
So, let’s jump into where to stay in Jackson.
Quick Tips – Where to Stay in Jackson?
- Where to stay in Jackson close to everything – Downtown
- Best neighborhood in Jackson for families – Belhaven
- Coolest neighborhood in Jackon – Fondren
- Where to stay in Jackson on a budget – Ridgeland
- Where to stay in Jackson for your first time – Pearl
Where to Stay in Jackson
- Family rooms
- Central location
- Superb amenities
Set right in the heart of Jackson, Hilton offers easy access to a wide array of attractions, restaurants, and shopping centers in the city. The Museum of Natural Science and Jackson Zoo is literally minutes away from the hotel.
Plus, the hotel has cushy accommodations and features tons of amenities.
The Ivy House
- Terrific location
- Cushy accommodations
- Free parking
With a convenient location, this Airbnb rental is minutes away from the famed Fondren area, Downtown Jackson, and University Medical Center. What’s more, this fully-furnished studio apartment comes with a kitchenette, loft, bathroom, and other amenities.
Best of all, it has comfy accommodations to ensure a relaxing stay.
- Seven bedrooms
- Full kitchen
- Peaceful location
The City Retreat offers a peaceful, cushy, and fabulous place to stay for large groups and families exploring Jackson. Even with its serene location, this Airbnb property is still pretty close to several Jackson attractions, restaurants, and business centers.
The home also has a fully-equipped kitchen with everything you need to cook tasty meals.
Jackson, MS 5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in
Where to stay in Jackson close to everything!
- COOLEST thing to do in Downtown Jackson – See the iconic historical sights of the city.
- BEST place to visit in Downtown Jackson – The Mississippi Museum of Art features stunning masterpieces.
Downtown Jackson is a cozy district full of remarkable hotels, innovative restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping centers. Furthermore, it’s home to a cornucopia of outstanding attractions, such as the Mississippi Museum of Art, Jackson Zoo, and Russell C. Davis Planetarium.
Party animals will also find their bliss in Downtown Jackson, with tons of nightclubs and bars available. Additionally, the neighborhood has dozens of restaurants with delectable dishes and high-end southern flavors.
With excellent transportation connections and comfy hotels, Downtown is the best neighborhood to stay in Jackson for all types of travelers.
- Escape the city buzz at LeFleur’s Bluff State Park and Sykes Park.
- Join any of the city’s festivals, like Greek Fest and Jackson County Fair.
- Check out the eye-opening museums, including the Museum of Mississippi History, Mississippi Civil Rights Museum, and the Oaks House Museum.
- Savor tantalizing and rich flavors at restaurants like 1908 Provisions, Hal and Mal’s, Mayflower Cafe, Seafood R’evolution, and Iron Horse Grill.
- Go on a shopping spree at the Highland Village, Fischer Galleries, Cohen Brothers, and Jackson Farmers Market.
- Enjoy spa treatments at Nomispa and Carolyn’s Day Spa.
Have some time? Get out of the city with these epic day trips from Jackson, MS!
Best Airbnb in Downtown Jackson
You’ll definitely love this Airbnb property’s location. From this boutique hotel, you’ll be within walking distance of a myriad of museums, attractions, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the hotel has a rooftop bar, restaurant, and a stunning private garden.
There’s also a gym, complimentary Wi-Fi, free toiletries, and a tasty breakfast.
Best Budget Hotel in Downtown Jackson
You don’t have to spend a fortune to stay at a centrally located hotel in Jackson. At Best Western Plus, you’ll be right in the action of downtown Jackson without the hefty price tag. As a bonus, the hotel has plenty of amenities to make your stay convenient and comfy.
Enjoy your stay in Jackson, MS! Check out our guide for what to do in Jackson, MS while you’re there!
Best Luxury Hotel in Downtown Jackson
The Westin is a great choice for families looking for luxurious accommodation in Jackson. With its top-notch service, deluxe accommodations, and first-rate amenities, this hotel guarantees a memorable stay.
Of course, this impressive hotel has a favorable location, with quick access to the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium and Mississippi Coliseum.
Best neighborhood in Jackson for families!
- COOLEST thing to do in Belhaven – See the antebellum and historic homes of the district.
- BEST place to visit in Belhaven – Check out the exhibits of LeFleur Museum District.
The Greater Belhaven Area is a historic district that gives visitors a taste of the city’s intriguing past. Home to most of the city’s oldest buildings and houses, this district is one of the city’s cultural centers and oldest neighborhoods.
A lot of successful and popular locally owned businesses are also situated in Belhaven, including numerous stores, shops, and restaurants. On top of it all, this district is deemed as one of the country’s most architecturally diverse neighborhoods.
Visitors can see these human-made wonders comfortably by taking the Greater Belhaven Neighborhood Architectural Tour. Did we mention that it has a more peaceful ambiance than downtown Jackson?
- Visit the district’s parks, including Belhaven Heights Park, Laurel Street Park, and Belhaven Park.
- Drop by the Municipal Art Gallery, a gorgeous antebellum home that has been converted into a gallery to highlight Mississippi artworks.
- Check out the famous Welty House, one of America’s most intact literary houses in terms of authenticity.
- Spend some time exploring the Tudor-style shopping center, The English Village.
- See contemporary or classic theater shows at Warehouse Theater or New Stage Theater.
- Admire the Victorian gardens and antebellum furnishings at Oaks House.
- See the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science and Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame.
Best Airbnb in Belhaven
Ideal for families, couples, and groups, this Jackson retreat is gorgeous and quiet. Plus, it’s situated near some of the district’s best museums, parks, and restaurants. The house’s backyard patio is perfect for anyone who wants to soak up some beautiful Mississippi sunshine.
There’s also an extra office space for those traveling for business purposes.
Best Budget Hotel in Belhaven
Not only is it incredibly affordable, but Baymont also has a plethora of cool amenities for its guests. Our favorite amenities include the outdoor pool, coffee-making facilities, and microwave. It also offers a delicious daily continental breakfast to guests.
Location-wise, it’s pretty close to Lefleur’s Bluff State Park.
Best Luxury Hotel in Belhaven
Fairview Inn takes relaxation into a whole new level with its first-class service, lavish accommodations, and fabulous amenities. The hotel also offers tons of activities and tours, including themed dinners, local culture tours, walking tours, a game room, and a golf course.
It also has a terrific location and is a short walk from the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.
Coolest neighborhood in Jackon!
- COOLEST thing to do in Fondren – Check out the hippest spots in Jackson.
- BEST place to visit in Fondren – Cedars, the district’s oldest residential structure, hosts symphonies, and art shows.
Fondren is Jackson’s arts district and is a hub of artistic expression through visual arts and music. What’s more, it’s home to some of the city’s most exciting cultural events, gourmet restaurants, and chic shops.
Before you visit Fondren, make sure to check out the district’s event calendar for information about its sidewalk events, concerts, and holiday firework shows.
Shoppers can spend hours browsing through the neighborhood’s unique shops, where you’ll find anything from local art and vintage guitars to thrift stores and designer clothing.
After a day of sightseeing and shopping, relax at one of the exceptional casual restaurants in Fondren.
- Salsa Mississippi has lessons and classes on everything – from ballroom dancing and salsa to yoga, Zumba, hip-hop, and kickboxing.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with the teacakes, cookies, brownies, and classic cupcakes at Campbell’s Bakery.
- Dulling Hall features intimate concerts and shows from the Grayson Capps Band, Muscadine Bloodline, and Mississippi Opera.
- Sal and Mookies offer delicious sandwiches, New York-style pizza, and mouthwatering ice cream.
- Check out the eye-catching displays at Fondren Art Gallery.
- See the displays showcased at Mississippi Agricultural & Forestry Museum.
Best Airbnb in Fondren
Mary Amelia’s Airbnb is the perfect base for travelers exploring Fondren. After all, this property is just a block away from the best art galleries, shops, and restaurants in Jackson.
Additionally, it comes with many amenities, including thermostats, security systems, cable TV, and a little free library.
Best Budget Hotel in Fondren
Comfort Inn Jackson’s affordable rates and decent facilities make it a superb choice for budget travelers and backpackers. Guests will also love its ideal location.
From the hotel, you’ll have access to the Mississippi Museum of Art, Highland Colony Shopping, and Lefleur’s Bluff State Park. It also comes with a free hot breakfast featuring cereals, fresh fruits, yogurt, meat, and eggs.
Best Luxury Hotel in Fondren
They don’t call Residence Inn one of the best Jackson, MS hotels for nothing. From its outdoor swimming pool to its fitness center, the hotel offers a smorgasbord of amenities to make your stay convenient and a breeze. It even includes a complimentary American breakfast.
The hotel is located near Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium and Mississippi Coliseum.
Where to stay in Jackson on a budget!
- COOLEST thing to do in Ridgeland – See the area’s gorgeous terrain via Natchez Trace Parkway.
- BEST place to visit in Ridgeland – The Barnett Reservoir is a haven of outdoor fun.
Want to experience an epic Mississippi trip? Ridgeland combines outdoor adventures and upscale architecture to give visitors a vacation for the ages. This town had been designed to make the most of the state’s wondrous weather.
Ridgeland has everything you need for a rocking getaway. It has spas, sailboats, custom cocktails, patio dining, and cycling. Throughout the year, Ridgeland hosts fun vents like the Natchez Trace Century Ride, Kidfest Ridgeland, and Sante South Wine Festival.
This district also has inexpensive, cushy accommodations, making it an excellent option for budget-conscious travelers and backpackers.
- The Altitude Trampoline Park offers high-flying fun for visitors of all ages, with a battle beam, trapezes, basketball, and dodgeball.
- Enter/Locked Escape Rooms features extraordinary indoor adventures that will test your critical thinking and creativity.
- Ridgeland has a 14.76-mile multi-purpose pathway suitable for hiking and cycling. The trail travels among abundant foliage and wildlife near Rice Road’s Mississippi Craft Center.
- Sky Zone Ridgeland is a thrilling indoor trampoline park overflowing with aerial action, including a climbing wall, volley, basketball, dodgeball, and freestyle jumping.
Best Airbnb in Ridgeland
The Catalpa House is perfect for travelers who need to escape the hustle-bustle of city life. With its peaceful location, this Airbnb property is a great place to crash after a day of sightseeing in Jackson, MS.
Additionally, the property has a large back yard, a double carport, new memory foam mattresses, a large kitchen, and touches of retro flair.
Best Budget Hotel in Ridgeland
Rodeway Inn, even with its affordable room rates, offers a whole lot of perks to its guests. For one, it has a great location, making it an excellent home base for your Jackson vacation.
From the hotel, you can quickly get to the Jackson Zoological Park, Ross Barnett Reservoir, and Mississippi Crafts Center.
Best Luxury Hotel in Ridgeland
Hampton lures travelers with cozy accommodations, elegant ambiance, and fabulous amenities. Not to mention, each hotel room comes with a patio offering a stunning lake view. Guests will also enjoy a filling American breakfast and a buffet.
Other noteworthy amenities include pools, a fitness center, and a heap of activities.
Where to stay in Jackson for the first time!
- COOLEST thing to do in Midtown – Spot unique businesses and stores.
- BEST place to visit in Midtown – Launch Trampoline Park provides exhilarating fun for everyone.
Pearl, with its comfy southern ambiance, makes a great area to stay, especially for travelers who are looking for serenity. It offers affordable accommodation and is literally a few minutes from the city center.
While it’s not known for its attractions, it does have some diversions and activities nearby for visitors. Pearl is home to a number of recreational facilities and parks.
The area is also well-connected with other Mississippi cities through its roads and highways that are easily accessible by car or bus.
- Pearl Municipal offers an impressive 18-hole golf course with a short-order restaurant and a Club House.
- Hike through the scenic, winding wooded terrain of the Center City Walking Trail.
- The Jenkins Park is a family-friendly recreational facility with a softball field, walking trail, a pavilion, picnic areas, and a kiddie playground.
- Outlets of Mississippi, the state’s largest shopping destination, is home to a diverse lineup of merchants, including Michael Kors, Banana Republic Factory Store, and Nike Factory Store.
- Paradox Challenge Rooms will challenge your creativity and critical thinking.
Best Airbnb in Pearl
The Cottage is an extremely cozy haven with a mixture of industrial and vintage decor. Guests will have absolute privacy and instant access to the Historic District of Downtown Brandon.
This Airbnb has plenty of amenities, including a full kitchen, large television with an Amazon Fire Stick, and a few niceties.
Best Budget Hotel in Pearl
Besides its great rates, this budget hotel also has a host of upsides that will make your stay even more pleasant. From the hotel, you’ll be a short drive away from a cluster of attractions, including the Mississippi State Fire Academy and Jackson Zoological Park.
And did we mention that the hotel has its own swimming pool?
Best Luxury Hotel in Pearl
The Courtyard by Marriott Jackson has all the hallmarks of a pleasant and fantastic hotel. As a guest, you’ll enjoy a smorgasbord of convenient amenities, including free Wi-Fi, complimentary continental breakfast, and a 37-inch flat-screen TV.
The hotel is also situated near a handful of Jackson attractions, including the Mississippi Coliseum.
Final Thoughts on Where To Stay in Jackson, MS?
Jackson, MS, is the most tantalizing and exciting city to visit in Mississippi. From historical wonders to sumptuous cuisines, the city will satisfy visitors in many different ways. Thankfully, there are plenty of affordable, safe, and cushy lodging options in Jackson.
Each neighborhood has something special and unique to offer. If you have to settle on just one, we suggest you go with Downtown Jackson. Although the town is designed for tourists, it still retains an authentic southern charm.
We hope this Jackson travel guide will come in handy as you plan your vacation in this excellent Mississippi state.
If you think we’ve missed anything, please let us know via the comment section.
***Disclaimer*** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site, One Weird Globe will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me keep the site going :)